Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Beauty down a lost road

When my husband and I were teenagers, long before we married, we went to an out of the way, but still visited, place on an "adventure." Shortly after our outing, the entire area was "closed" and all but forgotten.

Twenty years later, my husband and I were driving in the afternoon, and we found ourselves at the entrance to memory lane. Won't you take a stroll with us?


This is memory lane.....
Objects on camera are as close as they appear....

A beautiful old tree along the lane...

An unnecessary sign....


....as you can tell.....


but there is beauty, still.


Texas sun dancing on the water.


Green grass stands gracefully among fallen leaves.


Roots, tangled and odd.

You have to admit it is interesting.


This could be Mom or Dad to the little one before.

And too soon, it is time to go.....

1 comment:

jujubee said...

What beautiful photographs! You definitely have a "gift" (I know, I know, you don't talk about it much...) I think my favorite is the one of the standing grass.